Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Site unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
3. Information Sharing And Disclosure.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to use our services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information, shipping information and other personal information as indicated on the forms throughout the Site. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option not to provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature.
We automatically track certain information based upon your behavior on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users” demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
If you choose to be directed to other URL’s from celebritygooddeeds.com, we collect information about your usage behavior. We also collect other users” comments about your posting.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information in a file specific to you.
If you register for celebritygooddeeds on another web site or use a web site providing a service for celebritygooddeeds or a web site that helps facilitate your activity on celebritygooddeeds, that web site may provide personal information about you and your transactions back to celebritygooddeeds.
4. Our Use of Your Information.
We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We use your personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site: (i) to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; (ii) to inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; (iii) to customize your experience; (iv) to detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; (v) to enforce our Membership Agreement; and (vi) as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your personal information to identify users using multiple User IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and accuracy.
You agree that we may use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize the content, layout, and services of the Site. These uses improve and better tailor the Site to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site
5. Disclosure of Your Information.
We do not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, the following describes some of the ways that your personal information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our services:
- Advertisers. We aggregate (gather up data across all user accounts) personal information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Certain information, such as your name, email address, password, credit card number, and bank account number, are not disclosed to these third parties in a personally identifiable manner without your explicit consent.
- Legal Requests. celebritygooddeeds cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: (i) intellectual property rights; and (ii) fraud and other rights, to help protect you. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, User ID history and fraud complaints without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to: (i) prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss; or (ii) report suspected illegal activity.
6. Use of Email Tools.
You may not use the Tell-a-Friend service or other email services that we offer to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Membership Agreement. We do store email messages or the email addresses sent from these tools.
If you send an email using the Email This Item to a Friend service to an email address that is not registered in our community, we do not use that email address for any purpose other than to send your email. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
7. Control of Your Password.
9. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information.
We offer you the ability to automatically review and change the information you submit to us by logging into the Site and entering in the new information yourself. Generally, we will not modify your personal information based on your request because it is very difficult to authenticate your account manually. You can change your User ID, email address, contact information, and user preferences by going to the preferences and setup section in preference celebritygooddeeds. You must promptly update your personal information if that information changes or is inaccurate. Once posted, you may not be able to change or remove any public postings made on the Site, including our chat rooms or other message areas or the feedback area.
Upon your request, we will deactivate your account, contact information, billing information, shipping information, and financial information from our active databases. To make this request, email email@example.com. Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity and in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law.
We will retain in our files some personal information you have requested that we remove to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Membership Agreement and comply with legal requirements as is permitted by law. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests. However, such personal information will be deactivated from public and member viewing and will only be available to select celebritygooddeeds and celebritygooddeeds, Inc. personnel.
10. Other Information Collectors.
We use procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy, including encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside of celebritygooddeeds. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.
13. Questions and Suggestions.